With in-depth market knowledge and qualified advisory services for German and international customers, the Competence Centre Energy and Environment acts as a compass for companies and institutions seeking an insight into the promising East African markets for sustainable technologies.
We focus on Bioenergy, Energy Efficiency, E-Mobility, Solar Energy, Water Supply, Waste Water Treatment and Waste Management. The Competence Centre Energy and Environment also provides a joint function for East African enterprises and institutions to connect to Germany to assess knowledge and technology in the respective sectors.
Special emphasis is put on
- Market Intelligence including research and publication of detailed studies, subsector analysis for corporates as well as the public sector and international organizations;
- The provision of Business Delegation Trips and individual Fact-Finding Missions both to and from Germany;
- Overview of relevant stakeholders in the private, public, and institutional sphere including the identification and the assessment of potential clients and business partners;
- Constant liaising with relevant public and private institutions in the aforementioned sectors for keeping track of relevant developments and initiatives;
- Measures to sensitize the target markets and the provision of platforms including match-making, workshops, trainings and publications;
- Support in acquiring linkages to tools aimed at leveraging private sector engagement provided by development cooperation.
We offer services in the following topics, among others, throughout the East African region:
- Consulting on market entry and business development strategy (taking into account German export promotion programs and possibly programs in the realm of German economic development cooperation);
- Analysing target markets and respective sub-sectors;
- Identifying potential business partners and clients; Organizing individual fact-finding missions;
- Providing platforms for German companies to promote their expertise and specific solutions, i.e. in experts’ dialogues, roundtables, seminars, conferences, B2B settings;
- Facilitating business trips of German companies to Kenya and the East Africa region but also business trips of East African enterprises to Germany;
- Supporting the acquisition of adequate public and private project funding opportunities
The Competence Center Energy and Environment is supported through a job placement by the ExperTS Programme. The ExperTS programme’s goal is to promote sustainable business practices around the world and to create better conditions under which companies can become involved in development policy activities in partner countries. As local contacts, ExperTS support small and medium-sized enterprises in particular in tapping into new markets and setting up innovative cooperation arrangements, as well as in ensuring that their involvement brings benefits for all sides. In this way, the programme, which is funded by the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ), works at the intersection between development cooperation and foreign trade promotion, thus creating the basis for local sustainable development.