PWG TVET Trust
The Delegation of German Industry and Commerce for Eastern Africa is one of the founding partners and current secretariat of PWG TVET Trust. This is a multi-stakeholder platform that promotes collaboration and provides guidance on implementation of TVET reforms in Kenya and enables sector stakeholders to network and share ideas and strategies.
Permanent Working Group on TVET
The PWG was conceived in Kenya in 2014 by key stakeholders in the private sector, government, civil society and development partners. The primary focus of the PWG TVET Trust is to provide direct and indirect engagement to individual and member organizations to collaborate and further their work in promoting and advising on policy issues and implementation of TVET reforms in Kenya.
The PWG recognizes Education and Vocational training as central pillars for achieving youth employment outcomes and sustainable economic development in Kenya. Members cooperate on issues of Access, Equity, Quality and Relevance in order to transform Kenya's National TVET structure into a world class system.
- Provides a platform for exchange between the different stakeholder groups
- Strategizes on ways to match the needs of the private sector with the public sector
- Offers an entry point for the private sector to communicate its needs to stakeholders
- Promotes TVET as a ticket to high-valued career pathways for young people through rebranding and hands on youth engagement
- Informs government of strategies, policies and best practices
- Builds partnerships to enhance stakeholder investments
Key achievements of the PWG TVET Trust are:
- National TVET Conference and Skills Show 2017: Downloadable Report
- Kenya Skills Show 2019: Downloadable Report
You can also read the above reports online below.